Using Schoology with Flat
Using Schoology for your music courses? Flat for Education is the best solution to create any music notation activity in Schoology. Flat provides you seamless integration with Schoology: SSO (Single Sign-in) and rostering, assignments with Flat and the ability to embed interactive music notation in your Schoology pages.
On this help page you will discover how to:
- Setup your Schoology Integration
- SSO (Single Sign-On), Accounts Provisioning and Rostering
- Embed interactive sheet music in Schoology
- Assignments with Flat on Schoology
If you need any assistance to configure or use Schoology with Flat, please contact us at email@example.com.
Setup your Schoology Integration
It only takes a couple of seconds to set up Schoology for your Flat for Education account.
- Go to your Account Settings > Integrations > Schoology and copy the Consumer Key and Shared Secret. Keep these details private, they will allow Schoology to access to your Flat school account.
- Click here to open Flat in Schoology’s App Center. On the app page, click on “Install LTI App” and choose the course where you will use Flat.
- Open the course(s), click on Course Options, then External Tools. Choose the fresh installed Flat app and enter the configuration settings obtained at the first step.
SSO (Single Sign-On), Accounts Provisioning and Rostering
Flat is accessible in 1-click on the navigation of your courses. We will automatically create accounts for your students and link the existing ones from your private Flat website based on the emails provided by Schoology.
We also automatically create Classes on Flat and enroll your students in them, so you easily make assignments with Flat, and share scores with your students.
Embed interactive sheet music in Schoology
Embed on your Materials page
You can easily embed read-only and interactive sheet music in your Schoology in your Materials page:
Click on Add Materials and Flat:
Choose the score you want to share in your class. You can choose “Link” to insert a simple link, or “Embed” to insert a rich player in your Materials page.
Here is how the embedded material will look on your Schoology materials page. If you don’t have a small score, you might want to use a link or embed it in a Schoology page (cf below) since Schoology doesn’t allow us to insert bigger embeds on the Materials page.
Embed on a Schoology page
You can also embed a score in a dedicated Schoology Page with some other content. First, create a new Page in Add Materials > Add Page and choose a title for this one. When you want to insert a score in your page, click on Insert content > Flat and choose “Embed” next to a score.
Once inserted, you can adjust the size of the embed to have a better display of your content on the page.
Assignments with Flat on Schoology
We recommend you to use the assignments feature on Flat to create activities for your students using Schoology. This one allows to easily collect work made by your students in 1-click (with our Turn in button), automatically distribute copies of your templates, and organize live collaborations. Your students will have access to your Flat assignments using the Flat link in your Schoology class navigation.