Flat for Education Plan
How does the Flat for Education plan work?
A Flat for Education plan is a license for your school or district that includes a certain number of seats with unlimited access to Flat for Education. You can purchase a plan by year or quarter. Our plan includes a minimum of 50 seats that can be used by the people of your school account (teachers or students).
The advantages of our education plan:
- All the seats start and end at the same date, so you don’t have to worry about specific accounts dates.
- You can re-use seats during the year. When a student leaves your class, you can delete their account to make available the seat for another student.
- Seats are automatically assigned to active people. This means only the people from your school account who sign in will get a seat from your plan. When you move from a free trial to a purchased paying plan, people get automatically get a seat from your plan.
- They are cheaper than our individual product (96% cheaper), you can discover our pricing here.
How can I purchase a plan for my school?
If you already have a Flat for Education Account, you can purchase it online or get a quote online. Open your Flat account, go your Account settings and click on “Your plan”, then choose the number of users that you need.
If you are purchasing a Flat for Education plan for a teacher of your school or need more info or help, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be back to you shortly.
We accept payments for Flat for Education plans:
- Online by card in your account settings or via a guest purchase link (contact us)
- With Purchase Orders (PO) at email@example.com and by fax at +1 845 666 2519
- By Bank transfer (SWIFT, SEPA, BACS, ACH and BSB)
- By Check for US customers only
- By PayPal
In the US, Flat is distributed by Tutteo Inc, our US-based company. For the rest of the word, Flat is sold by Tutteo Ltd, our UK-based company. You can also purchase Flat from local resellers in certain regions.
Please contact us for more information or any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you accept Purchase Orders (PO)?
Yes, we do accept Purchase Orders. Please contact us to get a quote with all the information you need for your PO or if you need a W9 tax for in the US.
Once your Purchase Order is ready, please send us by email at email@example.com or by fax at +1 845 666 2519. We usually process POs the next business day.
How seats from a Flat for Education plan work?
Once you purchased a plan, you can have an overview of the usage of this one in your settings: School Settings > Billing. This page gives you a breakdown of the seats from your plan as well as information about the expiration date and direct links to the people list using this plan.
The breakdown can include the following lines:
- Active seats: The seats that are assigned and used by people from your school account. Seats are automatically assigned when people sign in to Flat for Education.
- Unused seats: Remaining seats that are not used yet. When someone starts using their Flat for Education account, we automatically take an unused seat and assign it to their account.
- Surplus accounts with no seats: Once all your seats are used, you will see here how many accounts won’t have a seat and won’t be able to use Flat for Education. In this case, you can either purchase additional seats or remove old and inactive accounts who are using a seat. If you have too many accounts, this will also be displayed in red next to the total seats number:
To re-use a seat and remove an account, you can either open the list of people using a seat from that page, or from the “People” navigation item. Check out our dedicated guide to learn how to remove Flat for Education accounts.